Friday, June 10, 2011

Jim Gilliam - The Internet is My Religion

An interesting story told by Jim Gilliam, a cancer survivor and his journey from extreme christianity to believing in the connected power of humanity.   A few quotes I found worthwhile. 

"God is just what happens when humanity is connected.  Humanity connected is god. Each one of us is a creator but, together, we are THE creator.”

"...Then one day my dad brought home this funny looking phone and plugged it into his computer It made this sound  bizarre screeching noise like it was trying to mate with a rhinoceros.  Instead it attracted me.    That's when I found out computers could talk to each other…(I would go online and meet people all over the world) .I was judged by my brain not discounted by my age. "  

Thanks to What Weekly for sharing in this week's news letter.  



No comments: